Found the perfect opportunity to use Tokyo drift😂 Vancouver snow day! ❄️
Posted by Samantha Johnson on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- The vehicle is legitimately drifting.
- It’s drifting seemingly in slow motion.
- There is no traffic visible in front of the car, but a line-up of cars behind it.
- The drift occurs as people are shoveling the snow to help free the car behind it.
- The timing of the song.
The video was shared by Samantha Johnson on Wednesday afternoon, at the Pattullo Bridge.
For those who haven’t seen the Tokyo Drift installment of the Fast & Furious franchise, it was the first entry of the series without Paul Walker, taking place in, obviously, Tokyo, Japan.
Rather than street racing and drag racing, this particular entry focused more on drift-heavy races.
That movie featured an incredibly catchy song called “Tokyo Drift”, by the Teriyaki Boyz, which is the song used in Johnson’s Tik-Tok video.
Interestingly enough, the song wasn’t introduced in a drifting scene in the movie. Rather, it was first used when Bow Wow introduces Sean, the protagonist, to Tokyo’s street racing scene.
The music video for the song, however, does use the song against the backdrop of cars drifting.
Tell me that’s not an incredibly catchy song. Kudos for the creativity, Samantha.
For more Metro Vancouver news, stay tuned to 604 Now News.
Vancouver Snowstorm 2020:
- It Was A Good Idea To Take This Ice-Covered BC Ferry Out of Service (PHOTOS)
- Truck Slides Backwards Down Hill In Vancouver, Hits Police Cruiser (VIDEO)
- 6 TransLink Buses Get Stuck On The Same Road Within The Same Hour
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.