One of East Vancouver’s newest eateries is celebrating the flavours of fall with its new seasonal dinner menu and cocktail list.
Straight and Marrow is a unique dining concept that specializes in nose-to-tail comfort foods that are hard to come by anywhere else.
- Nobody Does Brunch On A Biscuit Better Than This Vancouver Eatery
- This Cafe Has Macarons Inspired By The Charlie Brown Gang
They’re all about utilizing every part of the animal and highlighting the uncommon cuts of meat in their dishes.
That philosophy is evident in the following new creations.
- Crispy Pig Ears, paired with Japanese shio cabbage, roasted radish, garlic and sesame
- Rabbit Gnocchi, with lardons, Brussels sprouts and butternut squash puree
- Crispy Beef Tongue, accompanied by braised beef cheeks and root vegetable risotto
- “KFC” Korean Fried Oysters, served with soy garlic butter, kimchi glass, charred rice and garlic
- Lamb Sirloin, topped with chimichurri jus and served with celeriac puree and celery heart salad
For those looking to end their dinner on a sweet note, be sure to try one of their two new desserts.
They have a rich and decadent Ferrero Rocchet, which is a chocolate terrine with almond tuiles, chicken liver mousse, toasted hazelnuts, chocolate soil and duck fat icing sugar.
Or opt for something a little lighter, with their Blood Orange Panna Cotta. It is an orange olive oil cake with vanilla chantilly, sea foam candy and butter roasted grapes.
Over at the bar, you’ll also find some new additions.
- Eastern Mule, sparkling sake, plum wine, shiso-ginger-pear puree, lime
- Bloody Bitter Bubbles, bittersweet vermouth, Amaro Nonino, blood orange liqueur, Lambrusco
- Rain Shower Sour, five-spice-infused brandy, sweet vermouth, unsweetened cranberry, pumpkin seed orgeat, toasted egg white
- Turboso Flip, Reposado tequila, peated whisky, coffee liqueur, winter falernum, coconut, full egg, fresh nutmeg
- Dead of Night, Flor de Caña 12-year rum, Cynar, sweet vermouth, Miss Betters chocolate bitters, cherry cedar bitters
- Fat Panda, butter-washed Mongrel white rye, mezcal, vanilla liqueur, citrus, pandan syrup
Due to limited seating amid the pandemic, reservations are recommended.
New Autumnal Menu at Straight and Marrow
When: Open for dinner and late-night food and drinks Wednesday to Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Where: 1869 Powell Street, Vancouver
For more eats in Vancouver, check out our Food section.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.