Discussions about rental properties usually are focused around cost and location. However, it now seems there are perks for renting, as many Vancouver landlords are offering promotions and deals offered prospective tenants.
This is one of the many things that have changed during the pandemic. Since there are fewer and fewer people renting in larger cities, Vancouver landlords are seeing a shift. As such, they are adding more to the offerings to attract more potential renters.
How is that for a change—in rent?
Why Are Vancouver Landlords Offering Perks?
Due to the pandemic, Canada’s biggest metropolitan areas are seeing higher than normal vacancy rates.
Couple that with decreased immigrations, short-term rentals, and residents moving to smaller/remote communities (more space for less money), people moving in with their families, students no longer returning to campuses, etc.
All of these reasons are why Vancouver landlords are seeing less people wanting to rent locally. So, they are adding to the benefits of living in Vancouver.
- one or two month’s free rent
- free parking
- $200 grocery card
Current Available Listings
Rentals.ca, Rentfaster.ca and Rentboard.ca all have examples of incentives with rental listings in Vancouver.
- Yew Street: Early move-in plus one month free rent, plus a $200 grocery gift card
- Barclay Street: Get $500 bonus and six months free parking for select units on new leases.
- Fullerton Avenue:
- One month free rent on a one-year lease
- Two months free rent on a two-year lease
- Signing bonus: Sign a lease by April 30, 2021, and receive a rental credit up to $500.
- Haro Street: One month free on select units with a signed lease.
- Multiple West End Locations
With Vancouver’s current red-hot housing market, it may not be so bad to rent instead.
For more Metro Vancouver news and updates, check out our News section
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.