The City of Richmond has closed Garden City Road southbound at Granville Avenue effective immediately.
According to the city, the closure is in place for FortisBC to make urgent repairs to a gas main south of Granville Avenue. The closure is scheduled to last 24 hours per day until Saturday, January 23. (dates are approximate and subject to change)
- Driver Crashes Through Storefront Window In Richmond
- City Of Richmond To Expand Free Public Wi-Fi Network
Signage is in place to direct drivers towards detour routes. The lane closures and detours are as follows:
- Full temporary closure of southbound Garden City Road south of Granville Avenue
- ·No left turns to westbound Granville Avenue from northbound Garden City Road
- No left turns from westbound Granville Avenue to southbound Garden City Road
- No right turns from eastbound Granville Avenue to southbound Garden City Road
- Eastbound Granville Avenue bike lane closed at Garden City Road
- Northbound Garden City Road will be detoured at Cook Road for westbound turn restrictions
Traffic control will be on-site 24 hours per day to enforce closures and restrictions. FortisBC staff will also be on-site 24 hours per day to monitor the site and leak.
The road closure is required to stay in place 24 hours a day until the repair is complete. Work will be done during normal daytime hours. The site will be monitored overnight.
Local resident access south of the closure will be maintained via northbound Garden City Road.