The City of Richmond is warning pet owners about poisoned meat and needles found at local trails and off-leash dog parks in Richmond.
The Steveston Veterinary Hospital posted this warning on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
ATTENTION ALL SVH CLIENTS: We were contacted by the City of Richmond today warning us that poisoned meat and needles have been found at a few off-leash dog parks and local trails. WE ADVISE KEEPING YOUR PETS ON LEASH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. If you see anything suspicious, please contact the Richmond RCMP 604-278-1212. If you are concerned that your dog may have ingested something, please take them to the VANCOUVER ANIMAL EMERGENCY AND REFERRAL CENTER immediately.
“WE ADVISE KEEPING YOUR PETS ON LEASH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE” reads the Instagram post.
Earlier this month, meat filled with needles was found on a popular dog walking trail in Burnaby. The pet owner, Jeff Curr, took a closer look at the raw beef and realized that at least twelve sewing needles were sticking out of the meat. (Needles of various kinds are found with unfortunately high frequency in Vancouver.)
If you see anything suspicious, you are advised to contact the Richmond RCMP at 604-278-1212. Furthermore, if you believe your dog may have ingested something, please take them to the Vancouver Animal Emergency and Referral Centre immediately.
You Might Also Like:
- Dozens of Used Needles Found In Local Park, City Says To Wait A Business Day
- Surrey RCMP Officer Parks In Handicap Spot, Allegedly Gives Pedestrian Attitude
- Thousands Come Out For Global Climate Strike In Vancouver (PHOTOS + VIDEOS)
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.