Abbotsford Police have arrested Danielle Rigdon, a female in her early 40’s, who had a loaded gun on her inside a mall.
On March 18th, Rigdon left her residence without the permission of police and was quickly tracked by her electronic bracelet to Sevenoaks Shopping Centre.
- Surrey RCMP Need Public’s Help To Identify ATM Robbery Suspect
- VPD Seek Public’s Help To Find High-Risk Offender Dillon Earl Gosnell
“During the arrest, she attempted to turn over a bag to a friend, but the bag was intercepted by the arresting officers” reads a police statement.
Once they opened her bag, officers found a loaded handgun, drugs, and cash. Rigdon has been charged with Pointing a Firearm, Assault with a Weapon, and Uttering Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm.
After her arrest, police went to search Rigdon’s residence and seized a loaded firearm and
Danielle Rigdon is currently in custody and is additionally charged with:
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited Device Dangerous to the Public
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Breach of Undertaking/ Recognizance (three counts)
Anyone with additional information regarding these incidents is asked to call Abbotsford Police at 604-859-5225, or text us at 222973 (abbypd). To report anonymously to Crime Stoppers, call 1-800-222-8477(TIPS) or report online at Solvecrime.ca.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.