There’s a lot on tap for Whistler, including an all new 130-metre suspension bridge on top of Whistler Mountain, expected to open later this year.
With an elevation of about 2,000-metres, it could be the highest suspension bridge in all of North America.
The popular suspension bridge in Squamish is about 100-metres long.
The new bridge will span the length from West Ridge to the peak chair situated across from Whistler Bowl. They’re also looking at creating cantilevered lookouts, improved hiking routes and more uphill “grind inspired” fitness trails.
As part of their $345-million Renaissance project, they’re looking to add a lot of attractions to the area in addition to current projects. This includes:
• The Watershed: An indoor, four-season, weather-independent adventure centre with waterslides, waves, rope swings and caves
• Blackcomb Adventure Park: New, outdoor, non-skiing attractions and activities
• On-Mountain Improvements: new chairlifts, restaurant facilities, terrain improvements and snowmaking
• The Annex: An indoor action-sports complex designed for aspiring ski, snowboard, mountain bike, BMX and skateboard athletes
• Blackcomb Base & Base II: Revitalization of Blackcomb’s base areas
• One Blackcomb Place: Six-Star luxury boutique hotel, residence and club
• Blackcomb Terrace Townhomes: 55-65 Ski-in/ski-out townhomes
A mountain bike park expansion plan is also in the works to create a network of riding experiences in the Creekside area.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.