Public transit is essential for many; it plays a big role in how a lot of people get around.
Sure transit is helping the fight in reducing pollution and yes, it can get you to and from places conveniently…some of the time.
Other times, it can make you want to scream at the top of your lungs, but there are people watching so you’re forced to scream on the inside.
The Daily Struggle
Here are 10 struggles any transit user can relate to:
- Waiting for a bus that doesn’t show up – Did I miss it? Was it late? Was it early? Oh look, there are three buses coming my way…20 minutes later.
It’s really hard to win at ‘beat the bus’ when the bus shows up a full 4 minutes before its ‘live tracking’ transponder says it will. 😒 #bctransit
— CaffieneKitty (@Caffienekitty) January 15, 2019
2. Taking transit in the rain or worse, snow.
— Alex Migdal (@alexem) February 3, 2017
3. When people don’t take off their backpacks in a packed bus.
#TransitTipTuesday: Seats are for people, not for bags, feet or wet umbrellas. Please make room for other passengers by holding your bag on your lap, or putting it on the floor–just make sure it doesn’t obstruct the aisles! #BCTransit pic.twitter.com/nzT3pWGGM2
— BC Transit (@BCTransit) January 8, 2019
4. When people decide not to offer their seat to a senior.
— Kevin Olenick (@kevole) May 11, 2016
5. When people don’t move out of your way to let you off the bus.
— Janet Brown (@JanetBrown980) October 26, 2016
6. When people sit in the aisle seat and leave the window seat empty – I don’t get it.
— Christine Szabo (@leightonlass) July 29, 2018
7. Body Odour / Too much perfume.
— Craig.Mc.B (@Craig_Mc_B) January 21, 2019
8. Not enough service.
9. A lack of affordability for monthly passes.
10. Being so close to the person next to you on a crowded bus that their hair gets in your mouth. No? This hasn’t happened to anyone else? Perhaps you’ve heard of this myth:
One of my coworkers just told me she once saw a girl on transit pluck a strand of hair from her head and then flossed her teeth with it. #Vancouver #transit #TransLink #ew #Weirdcouver #weirdtransitstories
— Craig Takeuchi (@Cinecraig) August 10, 2018
Look, transit is a great way to get around, some of the time, but it can also be a pain. So, let’s all try to be better because our sanity depends on it.
Tell us your transit horror stories.