Surrey residents will have a new sports and recreation complex to use very soon. The North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex is expected to open this September.
Designed by Francl Architecture and the Lark Group, the complex hopes to:
- create welcoming arenas with gathering spaces;
- respond to emerging trends in arenas;
- create venue opportunities on site to support large events;
- increase recreation opportunities for ice and dry floor seasons;
- benefit minor sport hockey groups; and
- alleviate wait-lists for Learn to Skate programs.
North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex
The recreation centre will also come with:
- three sheets of ice;
- skate and helmet rentals;
- skate sharpening;
- community meeting spaces;
- food services;
- multi-purpose rooms;
- outdoor activity areas;
- public art by Katzie First Nation’s artist Trenton Pierre; and
- three-hour free parking
In addition, indoor cycling, a fitness centre, and a yoga studio are expected to be introduced to the facility by January 2020.
According to the Lark Group, the complex is 120,000 square-feet, and costed $47 million.
The complex is located at 12780 110 Avenue, near Scott Road SkyTrain Station.
For more news pertaining to your city, check out our Cities page.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.