Riverdale; the teen drama TV series took the world by storm when its first season premiered in January. As a result, the hit CW series is set to start filming again for season two, in Metro Vancouver.
The show’s characters are based on the beloved Archie comics. The filming schedule kicks off June 22nd, 2017 in Langley and goes on until March 21st, 2018.
One of the most recognizable Langley landmarks shown in the series is the drive-in theatre.
According to the notice of filming, you may catch a glimpse of the stars this week at Fort Langley Marine Park, the 23300 block of Mavis Avenue and the 9200 Block of Church Street.
Here's the details, posted near my hairdresser. 😊 Interesting to note that they compensate local businesses with $ for basically taking over pic.twitter.com/bwTLUijq1y
— Anna MC (@FunnyFilms4u) June 21, 2017
In addition, filming will likely return to past locations scattered across the region.
Riverdale Filming Locations
- Alouette Lake, in Golden Ears Provincial Park – Sweetwater River
- Bear Creek Park (Surrey) – Football field
- John Oliver Secondary School (Vancouver) – Riverdale Highschool
- 2037 East 3rd Avenue (Vancouver) – Archie and Fred’s home
- 111 Queens Ave in New Westminster – Betty’s home
- The Permanent building – Veronica and Hermione Lodge’s apartment
Not to mention, the show’s head studio is also located in Langley, a city where Hollywood North is booming.
Actors include Cole Sprouse as Jughead, KJ Apa as Archie, Lili Reinhart as Betty as well as Camila Mendes as Veronica.
Season two will air on Wednesday, October 11th, 2018.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.