Sixty years ago, Lions fans were asked to participate in a contest to name the franchise that ultimately became known as your BC Lions. In keeping with that proud tradition, we once again ask our loyal fans from across the province to create our official 60th season logo.
The CFL franchise is once again asking fans to submit their logo concepts to the BC Lions.
The winning submission will be the inspiration for the official 60th season logo that will accompany the club through the 2013 celebrations.
The winning entry will win a pair of season tickets to the 2013 season, be featured in the unveiling of the winning logo, a merchandise package valued at $500.00, and will have the chance to be on the sidelines for a pregame celebration at an upcoming home game. The 60th season logo will be used on many of the BC Lions’ marketing materials including season tickets, advertisements, and across many of the club’s official pieces that will help celebrate this historic year. Plus, you will receive an official t-shirt, hat, and jersey with your winning logo, and be recognized on the big screen at a Lions game.
• The winning entry will encapsulate and pay homage to the proud history and tradition of the BC Lions franchise
• Be representative of the entire province of BC and make all of our fans proud.
• Celebrate our winning tradition of six Grey Cup championships and the spirit of excellence on and off the field.
• Provide a logo that can transfer its interpretation along the many key attributes that BC Lions Football Club stands for including passion, pride, loyalty, commitment, community, tradition, etc.
• Embody the essence of what it means to be the Pride of All BC
• Reflect the passion and support for Canadian football within the province.
Final submissions are due on Friday, March 1st at 11:59 pm PST. Logo submissions should be sent in a JPEG, PDF or EPS format along with a brief description (50 words or less) to: [email protected]
Thank you @mandeepkaj for the tip!