Acrobatic performances have become synonymous with Vancouver throughout the past few years. One festival in particular gets all the buzz.
Cirque du Soleil’s iconic blue-and-yellow Big Top is being raised on Thursday, October 12th, 2017. It marks the arrival of of KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities.
The iconic tent will go up at 1:00 p.m. at Concord Pacific Place.
Cirque du Soleil Tent/Village Facts
Here are some cool facts about the Blue and Yellow Big Top and the Cirque du Soleil Village:
- The Big Top stands about 56 feet (20 metres) high and is 164 feet (51 metres) in diameter
- It is supported by 4 steel masts that each stand at 82 feet (25 metres) high
- More than 550 pegs are required to hold the Big Top firmly to the 4,500 square metres of asphalt
- The Big Top can accommodate more than 2,400 people
- The entire site set-up includes installation of the entrance, hospitality and rehearsal tents, administrative offices, workshops, and kitchen
- The Big Top, VIP Rouge and Artistic tents are all climate controlled with air conditioning in warm seasons and heating for colder seasons
- KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities travels city to city with more than 60 trailers carrying the entire village
This Year’s Show
Written and directed by Michel Laprise, KURIOS is a tale in which time comes to a complete stop.
Moreover, the realm is in the 19th century, leading audiences to completely change their perception of reality. You can learn more about it here.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.