Brace yourself Vancouver.
According to Environment Canada, there’s a chance of wet snow and risk of freezing rain Friday night and early Saturday.
The weather agency has issued a special weather statement currently in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast
The ridge of high pressure that gave the south coast a cool, sunny stretch of weather this week is starting to retreat. A weak Pacific weather system will reach the south coast tonight.
In advance of this system, cloud cover and winds will increase this afternoon and keep surface temperatures above zero degrees tonight.
Environment Canada says that “a scenario of rain mixed with some wet snow is the likely outcome for most of Metro Vancouver”.
Little to no snowfall accumulation is in the forecast.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.