Veggie Vancouverites can rejoice as nine restaurants are included in Canada’s top 50 vegetarian restaurants.
In celebration of World Vegetarian Day, the top online restaurant-reservation company, OpenTable, announced its list of best vegetarian restaurants.
The list was generated through diner reviews collected between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019.
Among that list were several B.C. hotspots with great vegetarian options. This comes as no surprise as B.C. has the most vegans and vegetarians in the country.
OpenTable’s Top Vegetarian Restaurants In B.C.
- East is East – This restaurant is a mainstay on Main Street, offering a fusion of Indian, Middle Eastern and Afghan food. (4413 Main Street)
- Forage – Forage is a farm-to-table bistro with local wine and local beers on tap. Although it is primarily meat-based, its vegetarian options are fresh and sumptuous. (1300 Robson Street)
- Moltaqa Moroccan Restaurant – This restaurant is exactly what you hope it is. It offers a delicious blend of Moroccan flavours with plant-based options on the menu. (51 W Hastings Street)
- Neverland Tea Salon – This Kitsilano tea shop never gets old. Neverland Tea Salon offers high-tea and baked goods with an array of vegetarian treats on the menu. (3066 W Broadway)
- Nuba – Nuba offers fresh Lebanese food with vegetarian food on the menu, as well as meat dishes. (3116 West Broadway)
- Vij’s – Celebrating its 25th year in 2019, this Indian restaurant is basically a household name in Vancouver. (1480 W 11th Ave)
- Afghan Kitchen South Surrey – Afghan Kitchen features all the classics in a modern setting. They have a section dedicated to vegetarian food and even vegan gelato. (16120 24 Ave #115, Surrey)
- My Shanti – Created by the same owners of Vij’s, My Shanti offers refined Indian dishes and creative cocktails.
- OLO Restaurant – Located in Victoria, OLO is again primarily meat, but its vegetarian options are devine. (509 Fisgard Street, Victoria)
Vancouver vegetarians know there’s plenty more on the list of plant-based eateries. What’s your favourite spot in the city?
For more eateries you must try in Metro Vancouver, check out our Food section
You Might Also Like:
- Dig Into The Best Vegetarian Restaurants In Vancouver
- Vancouver’s Own The Acorn Named Best Vegan-Friendly Restaurant In The World
- The Best Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants In Delta
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.