TransLink is set to add more bus service hours this winter.
Increases coming in January will bring the total to 275,000 new bus service hours added since January 2017 thanks to 10-Year Vision funding.
- TransLink Is Launching Free Wi-Fi On Entire Metro Vancouver Transit System
- All TransLink Services Will Be FREE Across Metro Vancouver On New Year’s Eve
TransLink Changes Coming In January
- Increasing service at busy times to reduce overcrowding and pass-ups.
- 23 Beach/Yaletown/Main Street Station – Service is increasing to every 12 minutes (up from 15) between 7 and 8:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- 116 Metrotown Station/Edmonds Station – Service is increasing to every 15 minutes (up from 20) from 3 to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
- 388 Carvolth Exchange/ 22nd Street Station – We’re switching community shuttle buses to full-size 40-foot buses to reduce overcrowding and pass-ups.
- Other routes with increased service include the 312, 319, 325, 351 and 746.
These improvements “come at the same time as we’re making our seasonal adjustments to service” reads a statement.
The public transportation authority says that more improvements will be introduced over the coming years.