In 2018, 19 people were killed as a result of motor vehicle collision in Surrey, while another 20 people were seriously injured. With this in mind, the RCMP want people to be aware of the most dangerous intersections in Surrey.
This past May, there was a collision related death or serious injury every week.
To highlight the serious impact that these collisions have, the Surrey RCMP is sharing statistics that show the number of collisions that have occurred at the most dangerous intersections over the previous three years.
“Police enforcement alone can not make Surrey’s roadways safer, said Sergeant Ian MacLellan, Surrey RCMP Traffic Services”.
“We urge our roadway users to follow the rules of the road, and to understand that by doing so, they will prevent motor vehicle collision deaths and serious injuries in Surrey”.
Below is a list of the top collision intersections in Surrey. Each one has a number beside it that indicates the number of collisions that occurred over the previous three years.
Top 10 Vehicle Collision Locations in Surrey
- 128th Street and 96th Avenue: 24
- 96th Avenue and King George Boulevard: 18
- 104th Avenue and King George Boulevard: 18
- 64th Avenue and King George Boulevard: 17
- 176th Street and Fraser Highway: 16
- 128th Street and 72nd Avenue: 16
- 72nd Avenue and King George Boulevard: 15
- 68th Avenue and King George Boulevard: 14
- 128th Street and 80th Avenue: 14
- 188th Avenue and King George Boulevard: 13
For more road safety tips, click here.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.