604 Now
Announcements

Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast Calls For Potential Snowfall This Week

Vancouver Weather

Photo: Ken H. Campbell Photography / 604 Now Flickr Pool

Metro Vancouver had myriad sunny days to ring in 2018; however, the sunshine is coming to a grinding halt over the next couple of days. 

Starting on Thursday, January 4th, the weather is getting decidedly wetter. Indeed, Environment Canada isn’t predicting there to be a break in the rainfall for at least a week. In fact, a “king tide” with aquatic elevations of over 5 metres is about to hit the lower mainland.

Vancouver Weather: Snowfall in the Forecast

Vancouver Weather
Photo: Environment Canada

[sjnow-ad-large-leaderboard]

While a great deal of rain is expected to carry through the remainder of the week, the forecast calls for potential flurries of snowfall on Sunday.

As a matter of fact, the forecast calls for a 40% chance of flurries over Saturday night and all through Sunday. Afterwards, the chance of flurries raises to 60% and stays that way through until Tuesday.

Many Vancouverities were overjoyed by the appearance of snow over the holidays. As a result, they took to social media to share pictures of the wonderland.

Log in or create an account to save content

Become a local insider