Vancouver’s annual Celebration of Light kicks off this weekend!
It’s one of the city’s biggest events of the year, drawing crowds upwards of 1 million across various downtown spots.
Accordingly, several roads downtown will be fully, or partially, closed. The closures are as follows:
- Davie Street, from Denman to Burrard Street / 7:00 pm to 12:00 am (Full Closure)
- Denman Street, from Alberni Street to Beach Avenue / 7:00 pm to 12:00 am (Full Closure)
- Beach Avenue, from Pacific Street to Stanley Park / 7:00 pm to 12:00 am (Full Closure)
- Beach Avenue, from Pacific Street to Davis Street / 12:00 pm to 12:00 am / (Westbound Closure)
- Beach Avenue, from Davie to Broughton / 12:00 pm to 12:00 am / July 27 and 31 only / (Eastbound Closure)
- Cornwall Street, from Arbutus to Chestnut Street / 6:00 pm to 11:30 pm / (Local Traffic Only)
The City of Vancouver recommends that event-goers take transit, walk, and/or bike.
To facilitate that, Translink has also announced extra services that will be in effect on all three days of the Celebration of Light (July 27, July 31, August 3):
- Expo and Millennium Lines will run peak service with all available trains in service starting mid-afternoon, with the last scheduled train leaving Waterfront Station at 1:16 a.m.
- Canada Line will provide rush-hour level service all evening, with every train in service following the fireworks. Last train will depart Waterfront at 1:15 a.m.
- Shuttle Bus: From Burrard Station to Denman and Robson (7 pm until 10 pm)
- Shuttle Bus: From Yaletown Station to Burrard and Davie (6:45 pm until 10 pm)
- Shuttle Bus: From Georgia and Denman to Burrard Station (Post-Fireworks)
- Shuttle Bus: From Burrard and Davie to Yaletown Station (Post-Fireworks)
- SeaBus service will run with 15-minute service until 12:30 a.m. and then 30-minute service until the last sailing at 1:22 a.m. to Lonsdale Quay
West Coast Express (Aug. 3rd Only)
- A full-service train will depart Mission at 7 pm and arrive at Waterfront at 8:15 p.m. A return train will depart Waterfront Station at midnight.
Due to the aforementioned road closures, the following buses will also see their routes altered:
- Route 5: Will take regular route to Robson and Denman then loop back with altered service along Georgia, Pender, Richards, Robson and Cambie
- Route 6: Will take regular route to Cambie and Robson then loop back with altered service along Seymour, Pender, Burrard, Robson, Denman, Georgia, Pender, and Cambie
For more news and updates about the Celebration of Light, stay tuned to 604 Now.
You Might Also Like:
- Everything You Need To Know About The Celebration of Light 2019
- 12 Great Spots In Vancouver To Watch The Celebration Of Light Fireworks
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.