It’s going to be a wet and messy day across the 604 today.
Environment Canada issued a rainfall warning this morning for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast
Rain, at times heavy, is expected throughout Thursday.
A very moist Pacific frontal system has stalled over the region today resulting in continued heavy rainfall for Metro Vancouver.
Total rainfall amounts will vary considerably from about 50 mm over southern sections to near 90 mm close to the mountains. The rain will ease later tonight as the front moves out of the region.
Flash floods and water pooling on roads are possible, and drivers are reminded to drive cautiously.
Check back with Environment Canada for updates on the upcoming Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.