TripAdvisor has released the 2014 winners of the top 25 hotels in the world. Only two Canadian hotels made the list, including the Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto (10th place) and the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver (16th place).
According to the TripAdvisor survey, the 2014 list of the 25 best hotels in the world are:
- Grand Hotel Kronenhof in Pontresina, Switzerland.
- The Upper House in Hong Kong, China.
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives in Lankanfushi, North Male Atoll, Kaafu Atoll.
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens in La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica.
- The Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur, India.
- Casa Gangotena in Quito, Ecuador.
- Lindos Blu in Lindos, Greece.
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico.
- The Oberoi, Mumbai in Mumbai (Bombay), India.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto in Toronto, Ontario.
- Palacio Nazarenas by Orient-Express in Cusco, Peru.
- Al Maha Desert Resort in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet in Istanbul, Turkey.
- The Grand Del Mar in San Diego, California.
- The Milestone Hotel in London, U.K.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, B.C.
- Taj Lake Palace Udaipur in Udaipur, India.
- French Quarter Inn in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Hotel Schwarzenstein in Lutago, Italy.
- Baros Maldives in North Male Atoll.
- Bardessono in Yountville, California.
- Harvey’s Point in Donegal Town, Ireland.
- Soneva Fushi Resort in Kunfunadhoo, Baa Atoll.
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora in Bora Bora, Society Islands.
- Four Seasons Hotel Firenze in Florence, Italy.
The legendary Hotel Georgia has certainly attracted visitors from all around the world with its elegance and history. After making its debut in the late 1920’s, it attracted many Hollywood stars (including Katharine Hepburn and Elvis Presley) and royalty (including HRH Edward, The Prince of Wales and his brother George, the Duke of Kent).
After recently undergoing a full renovation and re-opening in 2011 (as the Rosewood Hotel Georgia), it draws tourists in with its luxurious style and legacy. It is home to one of the top fine dining spots in the city—Hawksworth Restaurant and has its own café, Bel Café. It is also equipped with its own spa, pool, fitness centre and two penthouse suites on the top floor overlooking the city, that feature a private rooftop garden terrace with a plunge pool and a fireplace.
Written by: Meagan Gill
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Tripadvisor.ca
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.