Have you ever been watching a movie and recognized some of the shots? That’s because many Hollywood blockbusters are filmed right here in Vancouver. Vancouver is the third most popular film location in Canada, which it is why it’s called Hollywood North. Take a look at some of the most popular film locations below.
Most Popular Film Locations In Vancouver
- One of the most popular filming locations is the Lions Gate Bridge. Recent movies filmed here include Final Destination 5 and Tron: Legacy.
- Stanley Park is also a popular film location. Countless movies and television shows have been filmed in the park including The Twilight Saga and The X-Files.
- Over 100 films and TV shows have been shot at the Vancouver Art Gallery, including Night at the Museum, X-Men: The Last Stand, Josie and the Pussycats, Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleased, Fringe, Smallville, Arrow, and Stargate SG-1.
- Richmond is the setting for many popular movies and television shows. 50/50, Godzilla, Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Psych, Arrow, 50 Shades of Grey, If I Stay, Robocop, and Mission Impossible IV were all filmed around Richmond.
- The roller coasters at Playland can be seen in a few movies as well. Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Final Destination 3, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Rocky IV were all shot at Playland.
- TV shows and movies such as Once Upon a Time, I, Robot, 50 Shades of Grey, Supernatural, and Arrow were all filmed on the streets of Gastown, as well as countless others.
- UBC is a popular location for shooting. X-Men: The Last Stand, Supernatural, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Josie and the Pussycats, Smallville, Battlestar Galactica, She’s the Man, Hellcats, Psych, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and many more have all been shot around the UBC campus.
Seen any other movies filmed in Vancouver? Let us know in the comments!
Written by: Anna Ward
Image via vancouversun