The public is being warned of Randall Hopley, a federal offender who is now residing in Vancouver and poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of young boys.
The 53-year-old has previously been convicted of abduction of a person under the age of fourteen, sexual assault, assault, and break-and-enters.
In 2013, he received a six-year-sentence for abducting a three-year-old boy from his home in the early hours of September 7th, 2011, in Sparwood, B.C.
- Transit Police Have Arrested SkyTrain Assault Suspect
- Surrey Councillors Plan To Axe RCMP and Launch New Police Department
The Correctional Service of Canada has assessed Hopley as a high risk for violent and sexual re-offending. Although Hopley has fully completed his sentence and has been released, he is bound by a 10-year long-term supervision order to help manage his risk factors.
Hopley is described as caucasian, 5’9”, 150 lbs., with brown hair and hazel eyes. He often has a beard.
Hopley must abide by several conditions, including:
- Not to be in, near, or around places where children under the age of 16 are likely to congregate, such as elementary and secondary schools, parks, swimming pools and recreational centres, unless accompanied by an adult previously approved in writing by his parole supervisor.
- Not to be the presence of any children under the age of 16 unless accompanied by a responsible adult who knows his criminal history, and has been previously approved in writing by his parole supervisor.
- Abide by daily curfew from 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Anyone who sees Randall Hopley in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1 immediately.