BC Hydro is helping you make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient all year with their latest offer.
If you live in an income-qualifying household, you can get a free energy saving kit delivered right to your door.
Each kit includes “simple, energy-saving products that you can install yourself” reads a statement on their website.
The products will help you seal up drafts in your home, save on your lighting costs, and reduce your home’s water use.
The kit contains:
- LED bulbs
- Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
- High efficiency showerhead
- Water-saving tap aerators
- LED night light
- Fridge and freezer thermometer
- Step-by-step instruction guide to help you install each product
You’ll be able to customize your kit based on your specific needs through their application process.
To qualify, you must meet the income requirements below. Total household income includes the combined income of all members in the household over the age of 18.
How To Apply
Apply for your free energy saving kit online or by calling 1-800-BCHYDRO (1-800-224-9376) or 604-224-9376 in the Lower Mainland between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
When you apply, you’ll be asked to provide:
- Your name and BC Hydro account number (found on the top right corner of your bill)
- The number of people in your household and your total household income
If you rent a home, you can apply if the BC Hydro or New Westminster account is in your name.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.