- BC To Study North Shore Rapid-Transit Line Connecting To Vancouver
- All Of TransLink’s Natural Gas Buses Will Now Use Renewable Fuel
Here is an example of what the 1.5% fuel surcharge will look like for customers:
- 25 cents for an adult and 85 cents for a vehicle on the Metro Vancouver – Vancouver Island routes
- 15 cents for an adult and 45 cents for a vehicle on a variety of inter-island routes
As we’ve seen in the past, BC Ferries has always lowered fuel prices as gas prices go down and increased surcharges as gas prices go up.
The company states that despite fuel switching and other initiatives to burn fuel more efficiently, a fuel surcharge at this time is necessary.
The fuel surcharge will be 1.5% on average on all routes with the exception of:
- Port Hardy – Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert – Haida Gwaii
- Port Hardy – Central Coast routes
These routes have a separate mechanism pertaining to the cost of fuel and there will not be a fuel surcharge added at this time.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.