The Metro Vancouver weather forecast cooled down for a little while; however, temperatures are shooting back up this week.
In fact, the region was issued a special weather warning as temperatures continue to rise. Specifically, maximum temperatures will reach the upper twenties near the water. What’s more, they will reach the low to mid thirties inland.
While temperatures cool overnight, the hot weather will continue until the weekend. Significant cooling will occur on Friday, when temperatures dip to the mid twenties near the water.
Metro Vancouver Weather
Heat Warning in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.
Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water
Seek a cool place such as a tree-shaded area, swimming pool, shower or bath, or air-conditioned spot like a public building.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.