UPDATE: A long period of snowfall with total amounts of 15 to 25 cm is now expected.
The Metro Vancouver weather forecast calls for more snow to slam the region today. Majority of the lower mainland saw between 5-10cm of snow on Sunday, and there’s apparently more on the way.
Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast
A second low pressure centre in as many days will give more snow to the South Coast beginning this afternoon. The heaviest amounts will fall tonight and early Tuesday morning.
This second disturbance “will spread snow to virtually the entire South Coast with heaviest amounts falling tonight” reads a statement.
Total snowfall amounts will vary across the region with 15 to 25 cm falling in most areas with somewhat higher amounts possible on Vancouver Island.
Individuals are asked to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.