Metro Vancouver woke up to a dusting of snowfall on Friday morning, and according to today’s Vancouver weather forecast, there’s more snow on the way that will continue over to Friday night.
Earlier this morning, Environment Canada issued a snowfall warning that’s currently in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast
A frontal system sliding down the coast this morning will bring snow to the inner south coast.
The snow has already begun over Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast, and will quickly spread southward this morning.
The snow will intensify in the morning before tapering off in the afternoon. It may be mixed with rain at times especially near the water.
Snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are expected. However, the North Shore and higher terrain areas of Metro Vancouver may see upwards of 15 cm by this evening.
Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.