The recent Vancouver Sangria Challenge featured 9 sangria concoctions from restaurants and bars all over Metro Vancouver. Most of the contestants created special beverages just for the challenge which was presented by Vancouver Foodster.
The challenge award winners include a tie for 1st place judged by media and a people’s choice winner from Langley.
1st Place (Tie) – Solstice Sangria by Allister Cave
- The Apron – 3099 Corvette Way, Richmond
- Description: Bright refreshing white sangria with fresh herbs and fruit for long summer days
1st Place (Tie) – Sapporous Sangria by Amanda Marr
- Pinnacle Pier Hotel – 138 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver
- Description: A fruity Rose Wine, combined with orange liqueur, blueberries fresh cherries and topped with ginger-ale.
2nd Place – Sassy Sangria by Head Bartender Chris
- C Prime Modern Italian Steakhouse & Wine Bar – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- Description: This citrus fruit based sangria with herbal and spice notes is great any time or place
3rd Place & 1st Place People’s Choice – Siam Ginger Sangria by Executive Chef Parinya
- Ban Chok Dee – 20563 Douglas Crescent, Langley
- Description: An explosion of summer citrus refreshment with a fruity New Zealand sauvignon blanc, Asian influenced liqueur and a touch of ginger to give it some bite!
See the full list of participants and their creations at Vancouver Foodster