Vancouverites can add Starbucks’ latest creation to their list of specialty drinks to try this holiday season.
As of December 21, six Vancouver Starbucks locations have added nitrogen-infused cold-brew coffee to their menu.
RELATED: Late Night Coffee Shops in Vancouver
There are only 8 locations nation-wide that serve the company’s newest innovation, including the six in our city:
- 1099 Robson Street, which is at the corner with Thurlow Street
- 930 Burrard Street, which is at the corner with Smithe Street
- 1795 Davie Street, which is at the corner with Denman Street
- 2906 Hebb Avenue, which is at the corner with Renfrew Street
- 600 Dunsmuir Street, which is at the corner with Seymour Street
- 2193 West 41st Avenue, which is at the corner with West Boulevard
The remaining two stores include one in Toronto, and the other in Ottawa which just began selling the drink last month.
Starbucks describes the cold-brew infused with nitrogen as a smooth beverage with creamy texture.
“After handcrafting the Cold Brew recipe, baristas perfect the pour by pulling the tap and allowing the Cold Brew coffee to mix with the nitrogen to deliver an entirely new cold coffee experience reads a press release. Nitro Cold Brew is deliciously cold right out of the tap, so it is served without ice and, as with Cold Brew, it’s served unsweetened to highlight the flavour the cold brewing process brings out in the coffee.”
The chain makes the coffee in small portions after letting it slow-steep in cold water for 20 hours.
Craving something a little warmer? Opt-in for some hot chocolate at these cafes across the city instead.