Holt Renfrew is looking to open a 40 person outdoor patio inside the department store on the top floor (fourth floor) located at 737 Dunsmuir Street.
Named “The Apartment”, Vancouver City Council staff is “recommending approval of this application subject to the conditions outlined in the Recommendation” reads a report.
- Popular Japanese Gram Cafe Is Opening a New Location in Vancouver
- 20 Hidden Gem Private Dining Rooms In Metro Vancouver
In addition to the outdoor patio, an indoor patio space will have an interior capacity for 60 people.
Holt Renfrew, a well-known Canadian high-end luxury brand retailer operating in Vancouver for over 40 years, is located in the downtown shopping core, adjacent to Pacific Centre.
The proposed establishment will allow guests of Holt Renfrew to book an exclusive luxury apartment type space for hosting events such as designer fashion shows, product launches and celebratory receptions.
Liquor service will be event driven and will only be served in conjunction with pre-booked private events and functions. The applicant is also applying for the Family Food Service Endorsement which will allow minors, accompanied by a parent or guardian, in all licensed areas until 10:00 p.m., when meal service is available.
The approval is subject to:
- Hours of operation, limited to 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m., Sunday to Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., Friday and Saturday;
- The outdoor patio ceasing all liquor service and vacated by 11:00 p.m. nightly;
- No music or entertainment permitted on the patio;
- Liquor service is event driven and only permitted in conjunction with pre-booked events;
- A Time-Limited Development Permit;
- Food service to be available while the establishment is operating as well as on the patio when open;
- An acoustic report to be submitted certifying that the establishment meets Noise Control By-law requirements; and
- Signing a Good Neighbour Agreement with the City prior to business licence
The Vancouver Police Department has reviewed the application and have no concerns with the application.