Imagine walking through a real life nightmare.
The streets are dark and gloomy: eerie voices whisper through the air as you immerse yourself in a spooky tale of ghosts from the past.
RELATED: The 10 Most Haunted Places In Canada
If you enjoy the thrilling experience of a Haunted Tour, we’ve picked the best ones in British Columbia for you to stroll through this October.
One of the top-rated walking tours in Vancouver! With two different options to choose from, you’ll gain a wealth of knowledge while also wishing you never discovered some of these spooky tales.
- The Lost Souls of Gastown – Embark on a gothic Halloween adventure along Vancouver’s oldest streets in Gastown. In contrast to the above the above Ghostly Gastown Tour, The Lost Souls of Gastown is led by a professional. This tour is designed for adult audiences and is sure to fright you with some freaky facts about the area’s famous historic landmarks. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm.
- Prohibition City – Learn all about Vancouver’s scandalous prohibition history. Tales of opium, bootlegging, corruption and vice will be the driving force behind this walking tour. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm.
Start both tours are 105 minutes and start at Cathedral Square and finish off in Maple Tree Square – conveniently situated amongst some of the best bars and restaurants in town! What better way to cure your spooks than with some ice cold beer?
Tickets start at $22.
Explore Vancouver’s dark past while exploring places you thought were safe from the heebie-jeebies.
Ghostly Vancouver Tours treks through the oldest neighbourhoods in Vancouver while uncovering tales of the wild west, history and murder.
Choose between two locations:
- Ghostly Gastown Tour – a 90 minute walking tour through Gastown. Learn about the famous Trolley Conductor ghost and the mischievous “Looky Lou”, all while hearing about Gastown’s history. Meet at the Angel Statue in front of Waterfront. Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7:30pm.
- Granville Tour – a 90 minute tour along Granville Street. Learn about the history of Vancouver’s Entertainment district. Stops include The Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver Art Gallery, Penthouse Nightclub and more. Meet in front of the Christ Church Cathedral on the corner of Burrard and Georgia. Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30pm.
Tickets are $20 per tour.
The most terrifying Trolley tour in the city returns this Halloween season. The Vancouver Trolley Company and the Police Museum have partnered up yet again to bring you an evening of murderous tales and infamous ghost stories.
Hop on the haunted Trolley as your host tells you tales of The Castelanni Milkshake Murder, The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver’s Lady in Red and more.
Take a drive through Stanley Park, but watch out for The Babes in the Woods! You’ll pass by the murderous mansions of Shaughnessy and make a pit stop at Mountainview Cemetery (beware of lurking spirits).
Lastly, you’ll visit the Vancouver Police Museum. When inside, be sure to check out the city’s first ever morgue where over 15,000 autopsies have been performed. Gross!
This 2.5 hour tour will excite all of your inner demons.
Happening from October 14th – 31st excluding every Sunday and Monday except for October 30th and 31st. Meet at Canada Place.
Tickets are $40 – must book in person or by phone at 604-801-5515.
The quaint city is known for its history and does not disappoint when it comes to spooky tales from the past.
If you find yourself on a ferry to the island, make sure to partake in one of these haunted tours.
With two haunted adventures to choose from, Discover the Past transports you to a time where Victoria had a heinous vibe. Whether you choose to walk or hop on a bus tour, both of these options will require an extra pair of undies.
- Ghostly Walks – You can do this tour any time of the year, but they have a special Halloween route just in time for the sordid season! The tour lasts 90 minutes and encompasses a dozen stories of ghostly encounters from around Victoria. Uncover the truth behind the most gruesome crimes and tragic accidents. This special Halloween tour begins at the main gates of Market Square (560 Johnson Street). Tickets start at $13.
- Ghost Bus-Tours – Conducted by John Adams of the Old Cemeteries Society, this riding tour is bound to give you the chills! See the spooky sights of Victoria from a guided bus that takes you through the city’s terrifying past. This exclusive tour only happens on October 22nd, 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st. Tickets are $38.
Being one of the most haunted cities in British Columbia, Victoria has a lot to offer when it comes to thrilling tales. Hop on this Ghost Bus Tour and discover what tragic tales lie beneath the surface.
The tour includes Bastion Square (home to”the hanging judge”), Victoria’s Old Burying Ground and Helmcken House.
Haunted Victoria Ghost Bus Tour only operates on October 23rd, 24th, 30th and 31st at 6:30pm – pickups available at specific hotels. Tickets are $22 for kids and $43 for adults. Book online to secure your spot.
For only four nights of the year, experience this ghoulish Halloween tour through Downtown Vernon on October 24th – 27th.
Join your host, Mr. Gabriel David Sumegi Newman the 2nd (that’s a mouthful), on a journey through Vernon’s hidden past. Learn about monsters, murders, haunted houses and paranormal anomalies!
Start your walk at the Vernon Museum and end at the Old Library – if you can make it there without running home to your mommy!
Tickets are just $5 for kids and $10 for adults.
Have any ghostly recommendations of the best Haunted Tours in your area? Let us know in the comments below!
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.