Feel the ‘beet’ at Vancouver’s newest plant-based restaurant concept, opening very soon. Beetbox is opening their doors in Vancouver next week and will likely convert some meat lovers.
The new joint will call the West End home and is all about plant-based comfort food. The counter-service restaurant & bar will have delicious items for lunch, dinner and late-night eats.
Therefore, vegans, vegetarians, and ‘flexitarians’ can all find some common ground here, when it opens on Thursday, October 10th.
Opening in the space formerly occupied by Little Juke, Beetbox represents a new direction for partners Justin Tisdall and Bryan Satterford, who also operate Juke Fried Chicken in Chinatown.
The bright new eatery features an open-concept design and can seat up to 24 people. It will also offer take-out and delivery options, through DoorDash and Foodora.
A Taste Of The Menu
- Fried Chick-Un Sandwich: Breaded and fried seitan, miso aioli, shaved cabbage, and spicy pickled cucumber ($9).
- Crispy Gordita: Pickled and fresh slaw with avocado dressing, crispy corn tortilla, zesty queso, mixed oyster mushrooms and black beans ($9).
- Chili Cheese Fries: Meat-free chili, cashew sour cream, pickled jalapeño, and green onion ($10).
- Satay Rice Cake: Yuzu dressing, kale, spicy pickles and rice furikake ($6).
- Curry Cauliflower Salad: Sprouted legumes, peas, pickled onions, cilantro, green onion, crispy pumpkin seeds and chickpeas ($12).
“We worked hard to create a menu that was accessible to everyone, ethical and most importantly — delicious,” says Satterford. “As an omnivore chef, I was able to approach it from a different angle and design a menu of meat alternatives that has the feel, texture and taste of the real thing.”
And that’s not all. Beetbox will also have local Vancouver craft beer on tap, vegan-friendly BC wines, handcrafted cocktails, kombucha and vegan milkshakes.
When: Opens Thursday, October 10th 2019
Where: 1074 Davie Street, Vancouver
For more must-try eateries in Vancouver, check out our Food section.
- Planetary Burger Offers Fries, Shakes And Proper Vegan Burgers
- Vancouver’s Dipped Doughnut Co. Is Vegan, Customizable & They Deliver
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.