It’s going to be a chilly week across the region. Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement highlighting today’s Metro Vancouver weather forecast.
The special weather statement is in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Metro Vancouver Weather Forecast
Cold and blustery outflow winds will persist throughout Monday.
An Arctic ridge of high pressure over the BC interior is “forcing strong outflow winds through the Fraser Valley, spreading cold air over the region”.
Temperatures will gradually rise over the next few days, but will remain below seasonal normals through midweek.
Some lingering flurries will end Monday morning and no significant snow accumulation is in the forecast.