While watching a movie is always fun, there’s something extra special about getting cozy and viewing one under the stars.
This fall, Vancouverites have the chance to visit the drive-in right in their own backyard. Wesgroup and River District are screening films over 6 Saturdays in September and October. What’s more, they’ll be showing double-features each night with the family-friendly feature showing first – and they’re free!
The drive-in lot is located right off Boundary at Marine Way, half a block south from Marine Way at River District Vancouver.
Guests will have the chance to enjoy free popcorn that’s provided by Scotiabank. In addition, there will be food trucks and snacks, so bring your appetite!
While the event is free, movie goers will need to reserve their spots here. Organizers are also encouraging attendees to bring donations. The donations will be collected at the box office and proceeds will go to the South Vancouver Family Place.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Three years after the destruction of the Jurassic World theme park, Owen Grady and Claire Dearing return to the island of Isla Nublar to save the remaining dinosaurs from a volcano that’s about to erupt. They soon encounter terrifying new breeds of gigantic dinosaurs, while uncovering a conspiracy that threatens the entire planet.
- Jurassic Park: In Steven Spielberg’s massive blockbuster, paleontologists Alan Grant (Sam Neill) and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern) and mathematician Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) are among a select group chosen to tour an island theme park populated by dinosaurs created from prehistoric DNA. While the park’s mastermind, billionaire John Hammond (Richard Attenborough), assures everyone that the facility is safe, they find out otherwise when various ferocious predators break free and go on the hunt.
- Ant Man & The Wasp: Scott Lang is grappling with the consequences of his choices as both a superhero and a father. Approached by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym, Lang must once again don the Ant-Man suit and fight alongside the Wasp. The urgent mission soon leads to secret revelations from the past as the dynamic duo finds itself in an epic battle against a powerful new enemy.
- Solo: A Star Wars Movie: Young Han Solo finds adventure when he joins a gang of galactic smugglers, including a 196-year-old Wookie named Chewbacca. Indebted to the gangster Dryden Vos, the crew devises a daring plan to travel to the mining planet Kessel to steal a batch of valuable coaxium. In need of a fast ship, Solo meets Lando Calrissian, the owner of the Millennium Falcon.
- Incredibles 2: Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.
- Deadpool 2: Wisecracking mercenary Deadpool meets Russell, an angry teenage mutant who lives at an orphanage. When Russell becomes the target of Cable, Deadpool realizes that he’ll need some help saving the boy from the enemy. He soon joins forces with powerful mutants to protect young Russell from Cable and his advanced weaponry.
October showtimes are to be announced, but will be available on the website by mid-September. The dates will be October 13, 20, and 27.
River District Outdoor Movies
When: 6 Saturdays in September and October, 2018
Where: Boundary Road at East Kent Ave S (right off Marine Way – see map below)
Cost: Free! – but remember to reserve your spots online here
This is a branded post paid for by our advertising partner. To learn more about River District, please visit them online.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.