As B.C. eases its quarantine restrictions, the province has now entered Phase 3 of its restart plan.
Premier John Horgan announced, Wednesday, that many businesses can now open under the new health and safety regulations set out by WorkSafeBC.
This is part of a four-phase plan to open things across the province gradually. Here are the areas that will start to open back up this month:
- Museums and public attractions, including The Vancouver Aquarium and Grouse Mountain and Grouse Grind
- Parks and recreational areas such as outdoor pools in Surrey, Coquitlam and Vancouver
- Public libraries are offering pickup and take out
- Provincial and federal parks
- Private health and fitness centres, such as Fitness World and GoodLife Fitness
- More shops and businesses, including movie theatres like The Rio Theatre and Cineplex locations. Some nightclubs are beginning to reopen, as well, with new restrictions in place
- Hotels and resorts
Each place has various reopening days, so it’s best to check in before you head out.
Many businesses have already started to reopen their doors, including restaurants and salons. However, each place will have to do so with certain safety measurements in place.
If you’re planning to go out, remember to social distance, wash your hands often and wear a face covering when you can.
For more Vancouver stories, head to our News section.
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.