It’s that time of the month again! With a new month comes a plethora of new content to binge on Netflix Canada.
As always, all good things must come to an end and sadly some programs will also be leaving the streaming service. Below is our guide to what’s new, notable and leaving during the month of May.
Coming To Netflix Canada In May 2021
Notable, but no release official release date for May:
- AlRawabi School for Girls — Netflix Original
- Amy Tan Unintended Memoir (2021)
- Mad for Each Other
- Master None
- Racket Boys
- Ragnarok Season 2
Sunday, May 2
- Blood Diamond
- Dark Skies
- Evil Dead
- The Forbidden Kingdom
- Good Girls Get High
- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
- La Moitié gauche du frigo
- My Awkward Sexual Adventure
- New Year’s Eve
- On the Basis of Sex
- Rambo III
- Rambo: First Blood
- Rambo: First Blood Part II
- Total Drama Island
- TOTAL Drama: Action
- Total Drama: All Stars
- Total Drama: Pahkitew Island
- Total Drama: Revenge of the Island
- Total Drama: The Ridonculous Race
- Total Drama: World Tour
- The Upside
Tuesday, May 4
- Selena: The Series: Part 2 (Netflix original) – As Selena’s career gains momentum, the singer fights to remain true to herself, spend quality time with her family and expand her businesses.
- Trash Truck: Season 2 (Netflix family) – Hank, Trash Truck and animal pals Walter, Donny and Ms. Mona let their imaginations take them on heartwarming adventures in their backyard and beyond!
Wednesday, May 5
- Honey 2
- How High
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- The Sons of Sam: A Descent into Darkness (Netflix documentary) – The Son of Sam case grew into a lifelong obsession for journalist Maury Terry, who became convinced that the murders were linked to a satanic cult.
- The Wizard
- Weird Science
Friday, May 7
- Girl from Nowhere: Season 2 (Netflix original) – Nanno is back, doling karmic retribution to more students and faculty in a new season of this anthology series — and this time, she’s not alone.
- Jupiter’s Legacy (Netflix original) – They’re the first generation of superheroes. But as they pass the torch to their children, tensions are rising — and the old rules no longer apply.
- Lost Girls & Love Hotels
- Milestone (Netflix film) – Recently marking 500,000 kilometers on the road, a newly bereaved trucker faces the threat of losing the job that has come to define him to a new intern.
- Monster (Netflix film) – A talented teen implicated in a robbery-turned-murder fights for his innocence and integrity against a criminal justice system that’s already judged him.
- Patch Adams
Saturday, May 8
- Mine (Netflix original) – Encaged in a gold-clad life of secrets and lies, two women in a conglomerate family seek to topple all that stands in their way of finding true joy.
Monday, May 10
Tuesday, May 11
- Money, Explained (Netflix documentary) – We spend it, borrow it and save it. Now let’s talk about money and its many minefields, from credit cards to casinos, scammers to student loans.
Wednesday, May 12
- Dance of the Forty One (Netflix film) – A gay congressman marries the Mexican president’s daughter but cavorts with a young man at a secret club. And then scandal hits. Based on a true story.
- Oxygen (Netflix film) – A woman wakes up in a cryogenic unit with no memory. Quickly running out of oxygen, she must find a way to remember who she is in order to survive.
- The Upshaws (Netflix original) – A working-class Black family in Indiana strives for a better life and a happy home while juggling everyday struggles in this comedy series.
Thursday, May 13
- Castlevania: Season 4 (Netflix anime) – Dracula’s influence looms large as Belmont and Sypha investigate plans to resurrect the notorious vampire. Alucard struggles to embrace his humanity.
Friday, May 14
- A Madea Family Funeral
- Ferry (Netflix film) – Before he built a drug empire, Ferry Bouman returns to his hometown on a revenge mission that finds his loyalty tested — and a love that alters his life.
- Haunted: Season 3 (Netflix original) – A menacing mansion. A haunting melody. A demonic cat. More real people share scary stories from their past — and the truth is terrifying.
- I Am All Girls (Netflix film) – A relentless detective finds common ground with a killer systematically targeting the perpetrators running a powerful child-trafficking ring.
- Jungle Beat: The Movie (Netflix family) – When a lost and lonely alien crash-lands on Earth, his new crew of talking animal friends helps him get back home — and try to save the world!
- Love, Death & Robots: Volume 2 (Netflix original) – From wild adventures on far-flung planets to unsettling encounters close to home: The Emmy-winning anthology returns with a crop of provocative tales.
- Move to Heaven (Netflix original) – Finding life in all that’s left behind, a trauma cleaner with Asperger’s and his ex-con uncle deliver the untold stories of the departed to loved ones.
- The Strange House (Netflix film) – When a big-city family moves to a remote town, two young brothers and their new friends try to solve the menacing mystery that haunts their new home.
- The Woman in the Window (Netflix film) – Confined to her home by agoraphobia, a psychologist becomes obsessed with her new neighbors — and solving a brutal crime she witnesses from her window.
Sunday, May 16
Monday, May 17
- Annabelle Comes Home
Tuesday, May 18
- Men in Black: International
- Sardar Ka Grandson (Netflix film) – A devoted grandson’s mission to reunite his ailing grandmother with her ancestral home turns into a complicated, comic cross-border affair.
Wednesday, May 19
- The Last Days
- Who Killed Sara?: Season 2 (Netflix original) – To exact his revenge, Álex will have to bring to light his sister’s darker side — and come to terms with the fact that he never knew the real Sara.
Thursday, May 20
- Hating Peter Tatchell
- Special: Season 2 (Netflix original) – Now semi-estranged from his mother, Ryan continues exploring the world on his own, with all the complex ups and downs life and love have to offer.
Friday, May 21
- Army of the Dead (Netflix film) – After a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries takes the ultimate gamble by venturing into the quarantine zone for the greatest heist ever.
- Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous: Season 3 (Netflix family) – The teen campers on Isla Nublar return for another season of working together to escape from the island of free-roaming dinosaurs.
- The Neighbor: Season 2 (Netflix original) – Just when Javi thinks he’s conquered being Earth’s superhero, challenges arise from an unlikely competitor … and some extraterrestrial visitors.
Sunday, May 23
Wednesday, May 26
- Baggio: The Divine Ponytail (Netflix film) – A chronicle of the 22-year career of soccer star Roberto Baggio, including his difficult debut as a player and his deep rifts with some of his coaches.
- High on the Hog: How African American Cuisine Transformed America (Netflix film) – Food writer Stephen Satterfield embarks on a vibrant and powerful culinary journey that celebrates the courage, artistry, and resourcefulness of the African American people.
- Nail Bomber: Manhunt (Netflix documentary) – This documentary tells the story of the 1999 London bombings that targeted minorities, and the race to find the far-right extremist behind them.
Thursday, May 27
- The Banana Splits Movie
- Black Space (Netflix original) – A rogue detective with unorthodox means leads an investigation into a massacre committed by unicorn mask-wearing assassins at an Israeli high school.
- Blue Miracle (Netflix film) – The incredible true story of Casa Hogar, the Mexican boys home that entered the world’s biggest fishing tournament to save their orphanage.
- Eden (Netflix anime) – Created by Justin Leach (Ghost in the Shell 2), Yasuhiro Irie (Fullmetal Alchemist) directs the story of robots raising the last human child.
- Soy Rada: Serendipity (Netflix comedy special) – The delightful Argentine comic Agustín Aristarán (aka Soy Rada) is back, this time putting the spotlight on family and parenting, magic and music.
Friday, May 28
- Dog Gone Trouble (Netflix family) – The privileged existence of a pampered pooch named Trouble is turned upside down when he gets lost and must learn to survive on the big city streets.
- Lucifer: Season 5 Part 2 (Netflix original) – In Part B of the stunning fifth season of Lucifer, God himself comes to Earth. Secrets will be revealed, heroic sacrifices will be made, and the world will never be the same.
- The Kominsky Method: Season 3 (Netflix original) – A new chapter unfolds for Sandy as he deals with a difficult loss, a daunting financial obligation, an important reunion and a major career boost.
Monday, May 31
- The Parisian Agency: Exclusive Properties (Netflix original) – This unscripted series follows the members of the Kretz family of Paris and their luxury real estate business.
Everything Leaving Netflix Canada May 2021
Monday, May 3
Thursday, May 13
- Sucker Punch
Friday, May 14
- Sherlock: Series 1-3
Sunday, May 16
- Pacific Rim: Uprising
Thursday, May 20
- Silver Linings Playbook
Saturday, May 29
- American Crime: Seasons 1-3
Monday, May 31
- Full House: Seasons 1-8
For more things to do around town, check out our Things To Do section.