Editor’s note: Our goal with all content is to help you spark ideas for future adventures. We urge you to follow all provincial guidelines and limit non-essential travel outside of your health authority. For the latest information on BC’s response to COVID-19, click here.
It may sound ‘cheesy’ but a poutine festival is something that Canadian dreams are made of. Metro Vancouver is just the same.
For the second year in a row, Canadians will get to experience Poutine with Purpose. This event occurs over several cities: Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, and Hamilton and works with Mealshare to support giving back healthy meals to youth.
That’s right, for partaking in this Vancouver poutine festival, you are giving back.
For every poutine you get during this poutine festival, one meal will be provided to a youth in need. Since 2013, over 35,000 poutines have been sold in support of Mealshare.
Poutine with Purpose takes place from April 23rd – May 1st.
Participating restaurants for this Vancouver Poutine Festival:
- Brix and Mortar: Curried Pork Belly Poutine for $10
- Colony Bars(Kitsilano, Main Street, Northwoods and Granville Locations): Colony Poutine for $10.75
- Patina Brewing: Feature Fries N’ More Pile for $13
- Park Pub: Breakfast Poutine for $13.25
- Tap and Barrel (Convention Centre, Olympic Village, Shipyards): Short Rib Poutine for $16.95
- Trading Post Brewery (Fort Langley): Mexican Style Poutine for $13
- Trading Post (Abbotsford): Shaggy’s Poutine for $13
- Wok Box (Surrey, Abbotsford and New West): Tokyo Beef Poutine for $12,99
For more things to do in Metro Vancouver, head to our Events section.
Poutine With Purpose Details
Location: Participating Restaurants
Date: Friday April 23rd, 2021 - Saturday May 1st, 2021