With the cold weather and snowfall that took over Vancouver these past few weeks, there is nothing better than warming up with a hot cup of cocoa.
Thankfully one of the most anticipated annual winter events, the Hot Chocolate Festival is returning to Vancouver this month.
Every year coffee shops, bakeries and chocolatiers get creative with their cups of cocoa. These delicious treats are perfect on a cold winter day, and to get into a “sweet” frame of mind before Valentine’s Day.
- You Will Now Be Charged an Extra $0.25 for Single-Use Cups Bought in Vancouver
- Canada’s First Ever Charcuterie Café Is Officially Open in Vancouver
This year will be the 12th run of the festival. Like previous years, a number of businesses is expected to be participating.
Last year, there were over 89 businesses offering a total of 87 different flavours. This year there are 67 different locations and a whopping 114 flavours to try.
The Hot Chocolate Festival has been confirmed for January 15 – February 14, 2021.
View this post on Instagram
List of Vendors
Here is the list of all the locations participating:
- 49th Parallel Coffee + Lucky’s Doughnuts
- À La Mode Pie Café (T)(Gf)(Df)(V)
- Beaucoup Bakery (T)
- Bel Cafe
- Bellaggio Café
- Bench Bakehouse (T) (Df)
- Beta 5 Chocolates (T)
- Bjornbar Bakery (Gf)
- Boba Run (T)
- Broyé Cafe & Bakery (Df)
- Butter Baked Goods (Df)
- Cadeaux Bakery (Gf) (Df)
- Chez Christophe
- Coho Coffee (Gf) (Df)
- East Van Roasters (T) (Gf) (Df)
- Emkao Foods (T) (Df) (V)
- Eternal Abundance (Gf) (Df) (V)
- Everbean Café (V)
- Fife Bakery (T)
- Fufú Café
- Gem Chocolates (T) (Gf)
- Giovane Caffè (Df)
- Glenburn Soda Fountain (T) (Gf) (Df)
- Honolulu Coffee (Df)
- Kafka’s Coffee
- Koko Monk Chocolates (T) (Gf) (Df)
- Koko Monk Hot Chocolate Lounge (Gf) (Df) (V)
- La Glace (Gf) (Df) (V)
- Ladurée (Df) (V)
- Mink Chocolates
- Mon Paris Patisserie (Gf)
- Nelson The Seagull (Df) (V)
- Pica – Blue Hat Bakery-café
- Passione Gelato (T) (Df) (V)
- Say Hello Sweets (T) (Gf) (Df) (V)
- Sciué + Soirette
- Super Veloce (Df)
- Swiss Bakery (T) (V)
- Temper Pastry(V)
- Thierry Chocolates
- Thomas Haas Chocolates
- Uno Gelato (Df)
Legend: (T) Takeout Only, (GF) Gluten-Free Option Available, (DF) Dairy-Free Option Available, (V) Vegan Option Available
Similar to last year, due to the pandemic there may be some modifications to the even, including creative take out options. Here’s a recap of some of last year’s interesting flavours.
We can’t wait to taste more hot chocolate creations and support local businesses.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and be the first to know about the best things to explore and experience in Metro Vancouver.
Location: Various Venues Across Vancouver
Date: Saturday January 15th, 2022 - Monday February 14th, 2022