It’s once again that time to get rid of household items. The City of Surrey allows residents to dispose of their unwanted items completely free of charge at the Pop-up Junk Drop events taking place this spring and summer.
This year, Pop Up Junk Drop events will be hosted on four Sundays.
- Delta Is The Biggest Producer Of Garbage In Metro Vancouver
- Canada’s Largest Carnival Is Coming To Surrey
To gain entry, however, you must present a valid government issued identification that proves you are a Surrey resident. Without valid ID, you won’t be given entry.
City of Surrey residents are allowed to bring up to a pick-up load of materials (1 ton maximum). Furthermore, trailers with hydraulic lifts and/or larger than 8 ft. long are not allowed to be brought.
Residents can drop off any of the following accepted items:
- Furniture & Mattresses: Couches, chairs, mattresses, and other household furniture
- Electronics: Computers, TV’s, batteries, and other household electronics
- Small Appliances: vacuums, scales, countertop appliances, hair dryers, fans, irons, power tools, sewing machines, typewriters, exercise equipment
- Large Appliances and Scrap Metal: Fridges, freezers, washers, dryers, and other household appliances, scrap metal and bicycles
- Household Renovation Waste: sinks, toilets, wood. Please keep clean wood separate from dirty/waste wood.
- Other Household Items: Styrofoam, mixed paper (including cardboard), mixed plastic (toys, household items, garden furniture, etc), metal food containers, glass jars, infant car seats; tires (only tires without rims will be accepted)
- Lighting Products: light bulbs and tubes, lighting fixtures, lighting ballasts and transformers
The following items will be accepted by the City that’ll be donated to the Salvation Army and Diabetes Canada:
- Gently used clothing
- Clothing accessories (shoes, purses, hats, etc.)
- Used sports or recreational equipment
- Small electrical appliances
- Housewares (dishes, cutlery, cookware)
- Decor items
These items will not be accepted:
- Hazardous Construction Waste: No asbestos containing materials, drywall, plaster, joint compound, vinyl flooring, ceiling tiles, vermiculite, old chimney bricks, explosives, or ammunition.
- Commercial Waste: No dirt, rocks, sand, roofing materials, drywall, concrete, bricks, asbestos containing materials, or unidentified waste from commercial properties
- Hazardous Household Waste: No paint, solvents, flammable liquids, gasoline, or pesticides
- Other Unaccepted Items: No animal waste, animal carcasses, car parts (tires are accepted), lead-acid batteries, large tree stumps, or hot tubs.
The Pop Up Junk Drop events begin at 10:00 a.m. and run until 4:00 p.m. each day.
Get our best content sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly newsletter for more notable events and attractions near you.
Surrey Pop-Up Junk Drop 2019
Location: Surrey Operations Centre Parking Lots - 6651 148 Street, Surrey
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Dates: Sunday April 7th, 2019, Sunday May 26th, 2019, Sunday July 7th, 2019, Sunday August 11th, 2019