Film and music legend Queen Latifah is coming to Burnaby for an outdoor concert this summer.
On Saturday, June 29th, she’ll be performing with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at Deer Lake Park.
With a Grammy award and six nominations for albums in jazz, pop and rap, an Oscar nomination for her role in Chicago, and dozens of other film and television roles, this Renaissance woman defies genres with her compelling voice and presence.
Latifah will will perform some of her best-loved standards, including “Poetry Man” and “Georgia Rose” from her 2007 album Trav’lin’ Light, songs such as “I Know Where I’ve Been” and “California Dream”, and much more.
The show was originally ticketed, but is now free to the public. If you have already purchased tickets for this concert, you may:
- Donate your ticket back to the VSO to support its accessibility projects
- Use the value of the ticket as a credit towards another performance
- Request a refund by contacting the VSO Box Office at 604-876-3434 at any point prior to June 29th
What to bring:
- Lawn chairs
- Refillable water bottles
- Dress for the weather – jackets, hats, suncreen and sunglasses
- Earplugs (for sensitive ears)
- Outside food is permitted
What to leave at home:
- Large tents, tarps, umbrellas, or other items that will block the view of others
- Pets (working dogs permitted)
- Barbeques or fires
- Professional video or audio recording devices
Get our best content sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly newsletter for more notable events and attractions near you.
Queen Latifah Burnaby Concert 2019
Location: Deer Lake Park - 6450 Deer Lake Drive, Burnaby
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Date: Saturday June 29th, 2019