A poutine crawl is coming to Metro Vancouver very soon and it’s all for a good cause. Poutine with Purpose 2019 kicks off September 27th and runs until October 5th.
Participating restaurants whip up their own unique take on everyone’s favourite Canadian dish. This year, there are 14 incredible poutines to dig into. Bring your appetite (and stretchy pants) and try as many as you can.
Poutine With Purpose raises money for Mealshare—so not only will you be getting a delicious meal, you’ll also be doing some good. Binge eating, without the guilt. Sounds pretty great, right?
For every poutine you enjoy during Poutine With Purpose week, a healthy meal will be provided to a youth in need.
All in all, there will be 14 unique poutines for you to try, and here they are:
Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub
- Breakfast Poutine: $15 – Crispy breakfast potatoes topped with cheese curds, house made gravy, diced tomatoes, bacon bits, green onions, two poached eggs and our special poutine sauce. Only available Saturday and Sunday 11am -3pm.
- Butter Chicken Poutine: $15 – Marinated chicken thigh in a butter curry sauce, with shredded cheese, diced tomato & green onion, over crisp fries.
- Colony Poutine: $10.25 – Hand chipped Kennebec potatoes, cheese curds, beef gravy.
- Southern Fried Chicken Poutine: $15.25 – Fried chicken, hand chipped Kennebec potatoes, cheese curds, beef gravy.
Craft Beer Market
- CRAFT Poutine: Hand-cut fries, beer salt, cheese curds, and rich gravy. Add-on options include bacon, pulled chicken or pulled pork, and braised beef.
- Japanese Curry Poutine: Pulled pork, cheddar cheese, cilantro, pickled jalapeño.
- Sobrassada Romesco Poutine: Manchego, cheese curds and spring onions.
- Tatertot Breakfast Poutine: $17 – Smokey bacon & sweet apple banger, three cheese blend and hollandaise sauce.
Two River Meats
- Dirty Fries: $15 – Braised beef poutine with crumbled blue cheese, rosemary demi-glace, and crispy fried leeks.
Trading Post Brewery (Langley)
- Perogies Poutine: Crispy skinny fries, topped with birchwood cheese curds, house made beef gravy, caramelized onions, bite sized perogies, sour cream and green onion.
Wok Box (New Westminster, Surrey, Abbotsford)
- Butter Chicken Poutine: Crispy, golden fries drenched in rich, creamy butter chicken. Served with cheese curds for a Canadian twist.
- Tokyo Beef Poutine: Take your taste buds to the busy streets of Tokyo with this sweet teriyaki beef served over golden fries and drizzled with lime aioli.
- Fully Loaded Fries: Chopped crispy chicken with bacon, fries & cheese curds, covered with sweet BBQ and house-made Bang Bang sauce.
- Famous Duck Poutine: $16 – Duck confit, Quebec cheese curds, duck egg, crispy onions. Gluten-free. On Lunch and Dinner menu (poutine is for one person but also perfect to share) $21.5. Add foie gras and Sweet Tree birch syrup.
For more delicious eats to try, check out our Food + Drink section.
You Might Also Like:
- Planetary Burger Offers Fries, Shakes & Proper Vegan Burgers
- Umai Hot Dogs Is Vancouver’s New Hot Dog Spot
- CAVU Kitchen Bar’s Le Mac & Cheese Burger Is A Gift From The Gods
Poutine With Purpose 2019
Location: Participating Locations
Date: Friday September 27th, 2019 - Saturday October 5th, 2019