A free pop-up drive-in outdoor movie night is returning to Surrey.
Movies Under the Stars in Cars is an annual event put on by the Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association and the City of Surrey’s community grant program.
This year however the event has been scaled down. The event will only be taking place for one night, and unlike previous years, it will only be available for vehicles.
You can enjoy the outdoor movie night in Surrey on Saturday, August 21.The movie being screened will be the Disney Pixar hit Toy Story 4.
Gates will open at 7:45 p.m. and the movie will begin at dusk, around 8:45 p.m. The lot is located at the former Grosvenor Road school site at 13655 Grosvenor Road, Whalley Boulevard.
Though the event is free, it’s recommended to register in advance.
Here are the rules for attending the drive-in:
- No walk-ins. Everyone must be sitting in a vehicle.
- Everyone must remain in the car before and during the movie. You listen to the movie through your car radio.
- If visiting the washroom facilities, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- When visiting the washrooms, please respect social distancing.
- There will be no concession.
- No smoking onsite.
- No alcohol to be consumed onsite.
Movies Under the Stars is not a new event. However, in previous years it was a much larger event held at Holland Park, and wasn’t restricted to motorists.
For more on what’s happening in Metro Vancouver, check out our Events section.
Movies Under The Stars: Surrey
Location: 13655 Grosvenor Road, at Whalley Boulevard
Time: 7:45 p.m.
Date: Saturday August 21st, 2021