There’s something magical about outdoor light displays under winter nights.
Lights at Lafarge, a display of over 100,000 Christmas lights returns to Coquitlam on Saturday, November 24th, 2018.
The route will take visitors through a dazzling 1.2 kilometres of festive lights with ten themed zones. This family-friendly event is free to attend and is located near the Lafarge Lake SkyTrain station.
View this post on Instagram
✨ Stepping Into Infinity ✨ This 1.2km light trail is the largest FREE holiday lights attraction in BC! #604Now (📸: tagged) . . . . #Vancouver #Vancity #yvr #westcoast #Canada #ExploreBC #BC #britishcolumbia #hellocanada #imagesofcanada #thankyoucanada #explorecanada #travelcanada #lafargelake #coquitlam #lightsatlafarge
Metro Vancouver’s largest free outdoor lights display will be open to the public from dusk each night until 11:00 p.m.
Based on last year’s display, here’s what you can expect to see:
- Winter Lights Gate: The entrance off Trevor Wingrove Way features lighted trees that will set the stage for the magical light display to follow.
- Caterpillar: Walk through the lighted 90-foot framed caterpillar – a seasonal favourite!
- O Canada: As an ode to everything Canadian on the eve of Canada’s 150th birthday in 2017, the banks along the northeast side of the lake will be aglow with illuminated maple leafs.
- Walk on the Wild Side: Look out on the north end of lake for woodland creatures and illuminated flowers guiding the way.
- Arbour Walk: Meander the lighted archways along the lake’s west side and enjoy their reflection off the water below.
- Fantasy Forest: This display includes curious creatures and an elfin tree house.
- Rendezvous at the Pier: The pier will feature a dining table brightened by a chandelier.
- Woodland Garden: Illuminated by overhead starbursts, enjoy an illuminated garden of more than 500 tulip lights created by community members.
- Bright Reflections: Home of the Welcome Tent, which will host numerous Park Spark activities.
This post will be updated as more information becomes available.
Get our best content sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly newsletter for more notable events and attractions near you.
Lights At Lafarge Coquitlam 2018
Location: Town Centre Park - 1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
Time: Dusk - 11:00 p.m.
Date: Saturday November 24th, 2018