There’s just something magical about seeing Christmas lights on display outside.
Lights at Lafarge, a display of over 100,000 Christmas lights returns to Coquitlam on Saturday, November 25th, 2017.
The route will take visitors through a dazzling 1.2 kilometres of festive lights with ten themed zones. This family-friendly event is free to attend and is located near the Lafarge Lake SkyTrain station.
Feel so #festive with so many beautiful lights at #LafargeLake in #Coquitlam the #LightsAtLafarge . . . #picoftheday #photooftheday #landscape #vancitybuzz #picstagram #nature #vancouver #vancity #yvr #explorebc #explorecanada #beautifulbc #bc #604 #beautifulbritishcolumbia #instanature #VeryVancouver #Vancouverisawesome #myvancouverlife #vancityvibe #vancitybuzz #dailyhivevan
- Everyone should ride this magical Polar Express Christmas Train in Squamish
- The CP Holiday Train is rolling into Greater Vancouver this Winter
Coquitlam’s Park Spark Team will be on site, at various times during the lights display, to host free activities including:
- light making workshops
- special theme nights
- drop-in scavenger hunts
Not to mention, this is one of the largest free outdoor light events in Metro Vancouver. You can check it out from 4:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. everyday until Sunday, January 21st, 2017.
Based on last year’s display, here’s what you can expect to see.
- Winter Lights Gate – The entrance off Trevor Wingrove Way features lighted trees that will set the stage for the magical light display to follow.
- Caterpillar – Walk through the lighted 90-foot framed caterpillar – a seasonal favourite!
- O Canada – As an ode to everything Canadian on the eve of Canada’s 150th birthday in 2017, the banks along the northeast side of the lake will be aglow with illuminated maple leafs.
- Walk on the Wild Side – Look out on the north end of lake for woodland creatures and illuminated flowers guiding the way.
- Arbour Walk – Meander the lighted archways along the lake’s west side and enjoy their reflection off the water below.
- Fantasy Forest – This display includes curious creatures and an elfin tree house.
- Rendezvous at the Pier – The pier will feature a dining table brightened by a chandelier.
- Woodland Garden – Illuminated by overhead starbursts, enjoy an illuminated garden of more than 500 tulip lights created by community members.
- Bright Reflections – Home of the Welcome Tent, which will host numerous Park Spark activities.
Lights at Lafarge Coquitlam 2017
Location: Lafarge Lake - Coquitlam
Time: 11:00 p.m.
Date: Saturday November 25th, 2017 - Sunday January 21st, 2018