The 9th annual Indian Summer Festival returns to Vancouver, bringing locally and internationally renowned artists to venues across the city from July 4 to 14.
With the provocative theme of ‘Tricksters, Magicians, and Oracles,’ the 2019 festival lineup features futurists, novelists, stand-up comedians, musicians and storytellers both locally and from around the world.
The lineup includes:
- 5×15, the only Canadian edition of an international speaker series which features TED sensation Pico Iyer, literary bluesman Arthur Flowers and novelist Eden Robinson who will speak for fifteen minutes, unscripted, on a topic they are deeply passionate about.
- Pico Iyer on Love, Life and Mortality where he invites audiences to meditate on the age old question ‘what does it mean to be alive?’
- Hari Kondabolu, named one of Variety’s ‘Top 10 Comics to Watch,’ returns to Vancouver for an evening of comedy exploring the personal and the political.
- Conjuring the Future, a night that features multiple Vancouver premieres by some of Canada’s brightest stars in South Asian, Indigenous, Queer, Filipinx, and diasporic music and movement.
- Strings for Peace where the living master of sarod Amjad Ali Khan and three-time Grammy Award winning classical guitarist Sharon Isbin come together to call for harmony.
- Free programming at the Pause Pavilion including Tiffin Talks (a lunchtime speakers series paired with a tiffin meal), family-friendly programming and workshops, and visual art installations.
Indian Summer Festival Vancouver 2019
Location: Across Metro Vancouver - 1000 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
Admission: Free, by donation, and ticketed events
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Date: Thursday July 4th, 2019 - Sunday July 14th, 2019