Formerly Tulips of the Valley, one of Canada’s largest flower festivals is returning with a new name – The Chilliwack Tulip Festival.
Back for its 13th year, the festival opens on Wednesday, April 10th, 2019, featuring more than 6.5 million bulbs.
- Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival Announces Dates For 2019
- Richmond Is Hosting A Waterfront Cherry Blossom Festival This Spring
Since 2006, Tulips of the Valley has been among the most popular and acclaimed annual events in the region. In fact, it is now recognized as the largest and longest-running tulip festival in Western Canada.
Now named the Chilliwack Tulip Festival, this year’s festival is expected to be the biggest and best one yet.
The first two weeks of the festival will feature 10 varieties of hyacinths and 17 varieties of daffodils, and include one-of-a-kind, handmade floral mosaics.
After these first two weeks, an “awe-inspiring 30 varieties of tulips will be in bloom, totalling more than 6.5 million bulbs in all the colours of the rainbow”.
In total, there are 20 acres of endless beauty for you to explore and capture the perfect photo.
To help you get that perfect Instagram-worthy photo, organizers have set up some props. Their windmill, traditional Dutch bicycle, and famous tulip swing over the flowers will all be back.
Other attractions include:
- Rotary Train (weekends only)
- weekend food trucks (including fresh, authentic Dutch “stroop” waffles)
- A something-for-everyone flower-themed gift shop
- Tractor rides (new this year)
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Weekends & holidays: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Early Bloom: April 10th – April 18th (Daffodils and Hyacinths)
- Tulip Bloom: April 19th – May 5th (with possible extension)
Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased here. Furthermore, parking is free on their site.
Click here to discover neighbourhood maps detailing areas of where to find the best cherry blossoms around all of Vancouver.
Chilliwack Tulip Festival 2019
Location: 41310 Yale Road, Chilliwack
Time: See schedule above
Date: Wednesday April 10th, 2019 - Sunday May 5th, 2019