One North Vancouver home in particular will be shining very bright this holiday season.
The Ribalkin/Viau family are at it again – covering their roof, gardens, gutters, railings and driveway in thousands of lights, blow-up displays, Christmas decorations and holiday cheer.
Their Chalet Lights Charity display kicks off on Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 and will go until Sunday, January 6th, 2019.
The set up includes many of the usual favourites: massive blow-ups, front garden lights that move to music, a walk-up driveway display, Santa, elves, reindeer, snowmen – and many more.
- The CP Holiday Train Is Making 4 Metro Vancouver Stops This Month (SCHEDULE)
- Discover 44,000+ Dazzling Lights At The “Wish Upon A Star” Christmas Display
- Metro Vancouver’s Largest FREE Outdoor Lights Display Returns Next Month
- Free Ice Skating Is Coming To Robson Square In Less Than A Month
This year, they estimate to have tens of thousands of lights, including the return of their beloved star that hangs 86 feet in the air on ropes attached to massive trees (no nails are used).
“Every line on the star is 20-feet long. We have been told that this star is viewable from Coal Harbour and that the entire house can be seen by landing planes. It can be spotted from Stanley Park”.
From 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily, the Chalet Lights Charity will be illuminated and 100% of both the cash and food donations go in support of the Harvest Project, Shriners Care for Kids and BC Epilepsy Society.
Last year, the display raised $31,667.61 and 182 bags of groceries. From 2010 to 2017, this display has raised $96,919.99 and 951 bags of groceries.
Individuals are heavily encouraged to see the display this year, as Aurore Viau and John Ribalkin have announced that this is the last year for it.
The house is located at 4967 Chalet Place, at the top of Skyline Drive.
- Take the Westview Drive exit off Highway 1 Westbound
- Head North up Westview Drive, which becomes Delbrook Avenue
- Turn Left on Montroyal Boulevard
- Turn Right onto Skyline Drive
- Skyline Drive becomes Chalet Place
- Take the last Right
- Put on sunglasses in preparation for the lights!
- Chalet Lights at 4967 Chalet Place.
Here’s a video of last year’s display:
Get our best content sent straight to your inbox. Sign up for our weekly newsletter for more notable events and attractions near you.
Chalet Lights Charity North Vancouver 2018
Location: North Vancouver - 4967 Chalet Place
Admission: By donation
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Date: Sunday December 2nd, 2018 - Sunday January 6th, 2019