Some places just have a built-in advantage when it comes to spookiness, and the Britannia Mine Museum is definitely one of those places, making it a perfect place to celebrate Halloween 2019.
“It’s the witching hour”, according to the Britannia Mine Museum.
This year, the museum is transforming into a Halloween horror-land for two full weekends. The “Spoo-ook-tacular” Halloween event will run on the weekends of October 19th and October 26th.
Each weekend, the Museum will feature:
- Spooky Train & Tour: Rumble inside the underground for a spine-tingling tale
- Strange Science Show: Interactive science demonstrations with Professor Gossan
- Cabinet of Curiosities: Get hands-on with animal specimens and optical illusions
- Mill Thrills: Experience BOOM! the thunderous new thrill inside the historic Mill
- Costume Photo Booth: Have a haunted family photo taken in the historic Machine Shop.
The Britannia Mine Museum sports the title of one of the largest copper mines in the British Commonwealth during the 1930s.
Since then, it’s been adapted into an award-winning museum, even being designated a “Canadian Signature Experience” by the Canadian Tourism Commission.
In addition, visitors will get the opportunity to learn about the museum’s history, as well as experience the underground mine train and 20-storey concentrator mill.
There may not be ghosts and goblins, but sometimes naturalistic horror is the most spooky and haunting.
For more great Halloween events, check out our Events page!
You Might Also Like:
- An Abandoned Sanitarium Has Been Transformed Into A Next-Level Escape Room
- An “Alice In Nightmareland” Halloween Train Is Coming To Stanley Park
- VanDusen Garden To Transform Into A Whimsical Light Show This Halloween
Britannia Mine Museum Halloween 2019
Location: Britannia Mine Museum - 1 Forbes Way, Britannia Beach, BC V0N 1J0
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Date: Saturday October 19th, 2019 - Sunday October 27th, 2019