The City of Vancouver is carrying through with its plans to offer free Wi-Fi across 43 locations throughout the city. In addition to the six added earlier this year, the City has installed free Wi-Fi networks in 15 additional locations to add to its growing list of hubs.
New locations in Vancouver with free Wi-Fi:
- Creekside Community Recreation Centre
- Douglas Park Community Centre
- Evelyne Saller Centre
- Heather Marina
- Kerrisdale Community Centre
- Kerrisdale Cyclone Taylor Arena
- Killarney Community Centre
- Maple Grove Pool
- McCleery Golf Course
- Sunset Community Centre
- The Gathering Place
- Trout Lake Community Centre
- Vancouver Aquatic Centre
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- West End Community Centre
The remaining 22 locations will go live in 2016, and be situated inside community centres, outdoor pools, golf courses, marinas, and civic facilities.
The free Wi-Fi networks are being installed by TELUS at no cost to the City. The implementation of the networks falls under Vancouver’s Digital Strategy initiated in April 2013.