On July 21st, 2019, emergency crews were called to rescue a two-year-old child trapped in a hot car in Squamish.
According to police, Squamish RCMP and Squamish Fire attended to a complaint from an individual who said that there was a small child in the backseat of a vehicle in the parking lot of a local business.
The vehicle was in the sun and the inside temperature of the vehicle was over 30 degrees when the child was rescued from the back seat.
“The parent was located and MCFD (Ministry of Children & Family Development) was contacted regarding the incident”, reads a statement.
Squamish RCMP are once again reminding people to not leave children unattended in a vehicle in such hot weather. Back in May, a 16-month-old baby in Burnaby died after being left in a hot car.
For more local news, stay tuned to our News section!
Get more 604, delivered to your inbox
Plan your next night out, enter contests, and stay connected.